Place Value Review

It's that time of year for many schools, teachers, and students - the dreaded standardized test! We don't use Common Core at my school and I teach at a private school, but we still have a standardized test that we take at the end of the school year - the CTP4.

The week or two leading up to the test I like to review especially our math skills from the entire year! I wanted to make it fun for the kids and to keep it interesting so I decided to first break each area down. I decided to focus on a different strand/topic/whatever your school calls it each day.

So, the first day I reviewed place value.  For place value, I created a Place Value Around the Room.  It is in my TPT store...here...

product_0

This Place Value Around the Room covers writing numbers in standard, word, and expanded form, adding numbers using expanded notation, being able to read a place value model and draw a place value model, and comparing numbers (using < = >),  This pretty much covers everything we focus on for place value and focused mainly on three-digit to five-digit numbers.

Check out a few of the cards....





What standardized tests do you take at your school? How do you review?  Write your answer in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment