Five for Friday - May 26

Only 3.5 days to go! And we have a 3 day weekend! Summer is almost here.  I'm linking up again with Kacey over at Doodle Bug's Teaching for Five for Friday...




We had our last conferences for the year on Wednesday. I had 15 conferences practically back to back so it was a very long day. We're very lucky that our school gives us a day off to do conferences so we're not having to squeeze them in before and after school...but it was still a long day!


We continued working on fractions this week.  Yesterday we played Fraction Bingo. The prizes were stickers and notepads from Mrs. Johnson's closet lol. I'm trying to do a little spring cleaning and figure I could share my items with them!

Speaking of spring cleaning from #2 - I have a problem...I am a hoarder of teaching supplies. Like it's bad.  I've been at my current school for three years and opened boxes that I had no idea what was in them. Things I haven't touched, used, or needed for three years - so it's been a week of purging...


The students finished up their Think Like a Disciplinarian presentations this week. I know I mentioned them last week, but I have to brag on my kids again. They did such an amazing job! Each presentation was unique and each child presented their material in a different way, which made it fun as an audience. My friend in the picture above learned about being a magician. He even did an awesome card trick when he was finished!

So I'm sure everyone is feeling the end of the school year crazy.  This week I instituted quiet classical/soft music pack-up.  They had been especially crazy the day I started this, so we listened to some Piano Guys tunes while packing up and the room became more peaceful and zen. I highly recommend trying it!

Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend!



1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like the end of the year, is there? Instrumental music is a good idea. Lucky you you're almost done, though. Three more weeks for me and so much to doooooo....

    ReplyDelete